Who is eligible to buy health insurance through the Affordable Care Act / Obamacare exchanges?
The only one requirement / eligibility is that you must be a US Citizen or be a lawfully legal resident (qualify non-citizen) of United States. Only illegal residents are not qualify to purchase health insurance through the health exchanges.
The term “qualified non-citizen” includes:
- Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR/Green Card Holder)
- Cuban/Haitian entrants
- Paroled into the U.S. for at least one year
- Conditional entrant granted before 1980
- Battered non-citizens, spouses, children, or parents
- Victims of trafficking and his or her spouse, child, sibling, or parent or individuals with a pending application for a victim of trafficking visa
- Granted withholding of deportation
- Member of a federally recognized Indian tribe or American Indian born in Canada