Health Insurance Marketplace in Calfornia
If you live in California, Covered California is the Health Insurance Marketplace that serves the Affordable Care Act. Instead of HealthCare.gov, you’ll use the Covered California website to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. You can apply as early as October 1, 2013. Visit Covered California now to learn more.
By the Numbers: Uninsured Californians who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 5,559,626 (18%) are uninsured and eligible
- 3,987,161 (72%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 2,239,807 (40%) are 19-34 years old
- 1,584,870 (29%) are White
- 334,654 (6%) are African American
- 2,801,810 (50%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 672,104 (12%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 3,076,471 (55%) are male
5,091,522 (92%) of California’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for lower costs on Marketplace, including through Medicaid.