Health Insurance Marketplace in New York
If you live in New York, New York State of Health is the Health Insurance Marketplace to serve you. Instead of HealthCare.gov, you’ll use the New York State of Health website to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. You can apply as early as October 1, 2013. Visit New York State of Health now to learn more.
By the Numbers: Uninsured New Yorkers who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 1,915,217 (12%) are uninsured and eligible
- 1,411,168 (74%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 829,321 (43%) are 19-34 years old
- 791,310 (41%) are White
- 354,470 (19%) are African American
- 539,260 (28%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 177,499 (9%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 1,098,959 (57%) are male
1,685,915 (88%) of New York’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for lower costs on coverage in the Marketplace, including through Medicaid.