Health Insurance Marketplace in Ohio
If you live in Ohio, you’ll use HealthCare.gov website, to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. Specific plans and prices will be available on October 1, 2013, when Marketplace open enrollment begins. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
Beginning Oct 1, the Health Insurance Marketplace will make it easy for Ohioans to compare qualified health plans, get answers to questions, find out if they are eligible for lower costs for private insurance or health programs like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and enroll in health coverage.
By the Numbers: Uninsured Ohioans who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 1,354,869 (14%) are uninsured and eligible
- 959,123 (71%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 487,961 (36%) are 19-34 years old
- 1,021,051 (75%) are White
- 232,995 (17%) are African American
- 53,102 (4%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 16,834 (1%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 749,449 (55%) are male
1,268,826 (94%) of Ohio’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for either tax credits to purchase coverage in the Marketplace or for Medicaid if Ohio takes advantage of the new opportunity to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.