Health Insurance Marketplace in Oregon
If you live in Oregon, Cover Oregon is the Health Insurance Marketplace to serve you. Instead of HealthCare.gov, you’ll use the Cover Oregon website to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. You can apply as early as October 1, 2013. VIsit Cover Oregon now to learn more.
Beginning Oct 1, the Health Insurance Marketplace will make it easy for Oregonians to compare qualified health plans, get answers to questions, find out if they are eligible for lower costs for private insurance or health programs like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and enroll in health coverage.
By the Numbers: Uninsured Oregonians who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 519,986 (16%) are uninsured and eligible
- 381,984 (73%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 216,780 (42%) are 19-34 years old
- 398,599 (77%) are White
- 11,902 (2%) are African American
- 65,516 (13%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 16,249 (3%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 283,642 (55%) are male
483,637 (93%) of Oregon’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for lower costs on coverage in the Marketplace, including through Medicaid.