What are some of the Qualifying Life Events for Affordable Care Act Special Enrollment?
The following life events qualify for Special Enrollment:
- Change in Family Status (Marriage, Birth of a Child, Death)
- Loss of Health Coverage at work due to termination of employment or reduction of hours of employment
- Change in Immigration status
- Permanent move to another state
- Dependent status (eg. child turning 26 losing parent’s health insurance)
- and many more
Remember, you only get 60 days from the qualifying life event to enroll in health insurance on the marketplace.