Health Insurance Marketplace in Iowa
If you live in Iowa, you’ll use HealthCare.gov website, to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. Specific plans and prices will be available on October 1, 2013, when Marketplace open enrollment begins. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
Beginning Oct 1, the Health Insurance Marketplace will make it easy for Iowans to compare qualified health plans, get answers to questions, find out if they are eligible for lower costs for private insurance or health programs like Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and enroll in health coverage.
By the Numbers: Uninsured Iowans who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 255,072 (10%) are uninsured and eligible
- 197,021 (77%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 108,372 (42%) are 19-34 years old
- 211,630 (83%) are White
- 13,555 (5%) are African American
- 18,936 (7%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 5,181 (2%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 138,070 (54%) are male
234,099 (92%) of Iowa’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for lower costs on coverage in the Marketplace, including through Medicaid.