Health Insurance Marketplace in Texas
If you live in Texas, you’ll use HealthCare.gov website, to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. Specific plans and prices will be available on October 1, 2013, when Marketplace open enrollment begins. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
By the Numbers: Uninsured Texans who are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 4,888,642 (23%) are uninsured and eligible
- 3,851,564 (79%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 1,895,337 (39%) are 19-34 years old
- 1,547,102 (32%) are White
- 616,943 (13%) are African American
- 2,464,576 (50%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 187,320 (4%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 2,568,840 (53%) are male
4,478,414 (92%) of Texas’s uninsured and eligible population may qualify for either tax credits to purchase coverage in the Marketplace or for Medicaid if Texas takes advantage of the new opportunity to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.